Monday, September 15, 2008

Pictures

Its what you have all been waiting for. To be honest I have not been as paparazzi-crazy as usual, I think out of fear for my camera getting stolen. And the lack of posting pictures is due to the slow internet access I have. But here is a little taste of what I see every day!
This first picture is of me and my host mom (Marla) the day we met.



The next picture is of my quaint little room on the 13th floor.
The third picture is of me at the beach with UCLA friend Amy. I am wearing my Brazilian bathing suit for the first time...hence the tan lines.




The final picture (i have no patience to post more, and I am about to go to a capoeira class so I must be quick) is of a quiet morning at Porto da Barra (pronounced like spanish baja). This, i have heard, is rated the thrid best beach in the world. And it is usually much more crowded. It is about a 10 or fifteen minute walk down the hill from my house to this beach.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Hey dandan,
I like the horse art-work in your bedroom, and your host mom looks like she could be related to you for real. I think I spoke to her today by the way. I called your number, and had no idea how to ask for you so I said "DANIELA" nice and clearly, and then she said "ahhh..." and what I assume, from tone of voice alone, she then said that you were not home, and asked me who was calling. So I said "ALEXIS" nice and clearly, and she said "ahhh..." again, and then something else, and then ciao. So I said ciao, and hung up. She was saying something else as I hung up, but it was too late, and I really didn't know what the logical next information would be in the conversation, so I would have no way of even guessing what she was saying.

It was fun, though I'm sorry I missed you.
Love, Lex