Saturday, September 20, 2008

The City of Salvador

The Fallen Cross--symbolic of the Catholic Church (yes , seems quite a contraversial and progressive symbol)This is my family's pet Black Bird (I put this up for you lex). He sings all the time and eats fruit from your hand.
A meat market...mmm (actually one of the cleanest I've seen around the world though)
This is for you Nikki. These puppies were for sale at the open air market.
This is the famous elevator that connects the City Baixa to the City alta.
The Traditional Bahian woman
Pelorinho--the old city
This is my view from my window that I look at everyday
Igreja do Bonfim. Bonfim is the Patron Saint of the city of Salvador. This church is most famous for its Candomble traditions (african religion) that successfully mix with the Catholic religion
The view from the Church
PS. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them

3 comments:

Nikki Roach said...

danielaaa!! i love the puppies im actually thinking about goign to buy a fish right now! i need a companion haha. but it seems like youre having the time of your life! im so excited for you, i officially turned in my app for cubA Yesterday so we'll see.

Alexis said...

The bird is not quite as cute as Tito, but quite delightful anyway.

And your pictures of the city make me realize that though Salvador and Hamburg are about as far apart as you can get, some things about city building and people living together are remarkably similar everywhere.

Love you. I'll try calling again soon.
Lex

kriddOh said...

lovely pictures woman!