Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tap Dancing

So I also have started going back to my Tap Dancing class at Dance/10, and I LOVE IT. Even though I have not tapped in about four years (or more), my feet still remember nearly all the steps. Its amazing. I can't think too hard about what I'm doing, nor can I leave my mind blank. But if I pay just the slightest attention, I'm tapping like Gene Kelly.

And speaking of Gene Kelly...I wrote this nonsensical poem inspired by the song Moses Supposes from Singing in the Rain. Re-watch that great scene here: Moses Supposes from Singing in the Rain


Moses Supposes

Moses supposes his toeses are roses
But Moses supposes erroneously
Moses he knowses his toeses aren’t roses
As Moses supposes his toeses to be!

Francis she dances for chance at romances
So Francis dances tirelessly
Francis advances her romance’s chances
In pantses she dances flawlessly

Billy is silly, buys lilies for Millie
But Billy’s lilies are not well received
Lilies aren’t frilly but give Millie willies
So lilies for Millie was really naïve.

Simon’s a lineman who spends timin’ rhymin’
So that rhymin’ Simon never gets played
His rhymin’ is diamon’ when linemen all chime in
But diamonds for rhymin’s is not what he’s paid

Bonnie likes Johnny who’s tawny and brawny
But Johnny the Brawny does not feel the same
On the lawny at dawny sits Johnny with Connie
So Bonnie to Mommy she cries in disdain

Alice feels malice in her Dallas Palace
So Alice from Dallas throws quite a fit
Alice with prowess breaks the palace chalice
With malice the chalice shatters to bits.

No comments: