Monday, January 24, 2011

Running


I wrote this poem a few years ago when I first started running and training for the SF Half Marathon in 2008. But running is still a big part of my life, and I still like the poem a lot. The rhyme scheme is inspired off of the verse to a song called Soo Tall by a local artist named Zion I. (The pictures are also from 2008)

Distance Running

Gotta get up, gotta go run
Run so hard that your toes go numb
Numb so bad cuz you run so far
Feet keep pounding on that tar

Tar extends far as eye can see
See eye can your destiny
Destiny though the course may stray
Take one fork, go the other way

Way gets rough but down can’t lay
Lay down, give up, is a no
Must keep running, run and grow
That grow turning amateurs pro
Pro kids can keep running like me
Proud of who you came to be
See your world let your soul fly free
And escape the Earth’s gravity.

No comments: