Monday, February 14, 2011

Gym

Gym

Girls go to the gym to lose weight
Boys go there for weight gain
I go there to strengthen my body
To feel capable of any-thang

I’m not intimidated that I lift less
Than any boy around
I’m not threatened by their machismo
A girl’s mere presence does astound

Strong arms so that I may (one day) do a pull up
Muscle tone for an athletic physic
With strong legs I run, jump, dance, and bike
I can do all of this and never feel weak

Abs and back make up the core
Their strength is for injury prevention
A flat stomach is also nice
So they deserve a lot of attention

I love the feeling of power and independence
The self confidence it’s instilled in me
And the oh joy those endorphins bring
A good mood guarantee!



Muscle Beach, California (August 2009)

1 comment:

Leza Nazaroff said...

It is a great high to work out!
love your writings and poems!