Friday, May 8, 2009

Those Europeans

Europeans/Spainards have figured a LOT of stuff out.
-The metro system = superb
-Long distance buses = relatively inexpensive, timely, comfortable, and widespread
-Hostels = They are all over the place and while they very in degree of comfort all provide hot showers, a roof over your head, a bed with linens, with no need for prior reservations
-Walking streets = Every other street is set off just for pedestrians. Dana and I have been killing time here in Madrid all day waiting to take our night bus to Sevilla and have not stopped walking hither thither around the city. My feet might be tired but the 10 hour walk was great. There are people to watch, shops to look into, and parks to explore
-All you can eat buffets = Since food is expensive Dana and I have made use of the plethora of All you can eat buffets. They are absolutely wonderful AND you can eat lots of veggies veggies and veggies. Spainards pride themselves on pigs, its not my cup of tea.

As much as I respect these great things about Europe there are a few things that kill me LITERALLY
-Cigarette smoke = I had forgotten how many smokers are in Europe. Indoors its terrible but even outdoors I am somehow always downwind of a smoker. I have had terribly itchy nose and eyes all week and today I feel like I cant inhale completely and I think all the second hand smoke might be responsible. Oh, and I hold my breath when I put on my clothes in the morning because the stale smell of smoke is festering in the fibers BLECH.
´
Once I reunite with Mom and Abba tomorrow I will be able to post more about our adventures in the past two weeks with pictures and such. But for now, take a deep sweet breath of California air for me and enjoy it.

No comments: