Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting Ready to Go

As this weekend draws to a close, I can no longer deny the proximity of my departure to Brazil. August was laced with little road marks--the SF half marathon, Rani's return from Guatemala, Alexis' departure to Hamburg, my parent's departure to Denmark/Germany, my trip to LA, Galit's (a friend from Israel) visit, my last day of work--each lined the road like exit signs on the freeway. Their miles counting down and now, even if I slammed on my brakes, my trip to Brazil is basically here. There still remain a few notable landmarks between now and Wednesday (I am going to be in a Cal fashion show on Monday, and my dad returns from Denmark on Tuesday) but I think that the next few days will pass in a blur.

The more people tell me that I will have so much fun, the more nervous I get. I know not what to expect. As I try to draw an image of what the experience will be like, the canvas in my mind stays blank. So we shall see. By Thursday, I bet, it will look as though somone kicked an entire palate of paint onto it.

Three days to go...

5 comments:

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nazarooski said...

The fun you will have comes from the the fact that you "know not what to expect." Do not worry about it, go face your soul as the buffer of familiar faces and ideas are stripped away. I can't wait to hear more from you and I especially am anxious for your return and to see you then. By the way, you are a wonderful writer I enjoyed your first post immensely.

Alexis said...

Hey sis,
I'm thinking of you, because you head off today. I love you.
Lex

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your travels!! have a great time dude. <3 !!!

Unknown said...

I'm really excited for your departure to Brazil. I hope you and Nina get to meet up, perhaps in uruguay? update this blog tons and post pictures from time to time so i can live vicariously through you. kthnx